Managing the debilitating affliction of arthritis becomes easier if you follow some simple lifestyle tips
Home Remedies• Regular hot foot baths, steam baths and light massage of the affected areas are very useful in managing pain and maintaining flexibility. Avoid cold sprays and cold baths.
• Drinking two teaspoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey mixed with warm water removes stiffness and increases flexibility.
• One raw clove of garlic fried in castor oil/ghee taken daily balances the excess of kapha dosha, thus healing the joints.
• Eat guggulu, a therapeutic herb, with warm water, after meals. It quickens relief and healing.
• Plenty of rest, proper posture, the right mattress, fresh air and sunshine are necessary for the treatment of an arthritis patient. Walking on a regular basis also helps.
• Massaging the affected area with mustard oil and coconut oil mixed with camphor can ease stiff and aching joints.
• Oil of wintergreen, eucalyptus oil and alcohol mixed together and rubbed on the affected joints brings pain relief.
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|