With millions joining its ranks by the day, diabetes is fast turning into a modern-day epidemic. a judicious use of alternative and conventional therapies can help one manage it well and lead a perfectly normal, active life
- Explore alternatives to keep your sugar level under control. However, even when it has stabilised, do check your sugar levels regularly
- Take special care of your skin and feet
- Make a daily walk and physical exercise a part of your routine
- Practice oil pulling : In the morning before breakfast on an empty stomach, take one tablespoon of oil (preferably sesame) in the mouth. Move oil slowly in the mouth, rinsing or swishing for 15 to 20 minutes, and then spit it out and rinse mouth thoroughly.
- Drink a glass of water in the morning
- Be very conscious of your diet. Consume a lot of vitamins, minerals and fibrous food, and 1,500 to 1,800 calories with the following break-up:
- 225 to 275 gm carbohydrates that will yield 900 to 1200 calories
- 35 to 45 gm of fats that will yield 325 to 400 calories
- 10 to 80 gm of protein that will yield 275 to 325 calories
- Avoid caffeinated drinks
- Be well stocked with recommended foods to take care of hunger pangs in the appropriate manner
- Practice meditation.
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|