Love - Joining Forces
by Life Positive
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar inaugurated the proceedings and joined spiritual leaders, Maulana Wahiduddin Khan (Islamic scholar), Rev Valsan Thampu (ex-Principal, St Stephen’s College and activist) Chenna Basvanand Swami (Lingayat society) and others in pledging support to the issues being taken up. These include:
• Creating a casteless society
• Creating a terrorism-free society
• Combatting dowry and female foeticide
• Creating an alcohol- and tobacco
• Combatting child labour and providing equal education for all
• Fighting air, water and noise pollution
• Fighting dogmatism, blind faith, superstition, and promoting scientific and spiritual thinking.
Mrs Ruth Manorama, social worker and winner of the Alternative Nobel Prize in 2006, who chaired the meeting, said that the social initiatives displayed through a joint forum by spiritual leaders was a positive step and hoped that, through their reach, they would be able to influence peoples' mindsets and reduce inequality and parochialism.
"Spirituality and social reform – now that's the way to go!" was the common sentiment.
Contact: 011- 2336 7943, 2336 3221
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|