Personal Growth - Are you a money magnet
by Anil Bhatnagar
Check your abundance quotient
|Tick the statements given below that truly describe your beliefs, habits, and/or attitude.
Remember: Our real beliefs are not the ones that appeal to our intellect but the ones that we operate from in our day-to-day life.
|1||Money is the root cause of all evil.|
|2||You have to have money to make money.|
|3||You cannot make much money without being dishonest.|
|4||Poverty brings you closer to God and money takes you away from Him. in other words, if you are rich, you cannot be spiritual.|
|5||Ideally speaking, since this gels well with our natural tendency as well, correct order in which money ought to be spent should be Spending on one’s needsŕ Saving and investingŕ Donating|
|6||Even with all the skills and right attitude, not everyone can be a millionaire.|
|7||Rich people care only for money. They are selfish and self-centred.|
|8||Sum of total money in the world is a constant. A very big percentage of people are so poor only because a few are too rich and getting richer at their cost.|
|9||Ethically, you can barely make both ends meet, even if you work hard every month throughout the whole year.|
|10||it is neither necessary nor practically possible to use, on a regular basis, everything that one owns. Wise people do not throw away things, even if not in use lately, or if they need repairs. They know they may have to repurchase what they may be throwing away today. Everything costs money and parting with a material possession, even if not being used, is akin to losing money or bad.|
|11||I often find myself spending time on searching for a misplaced paper or something i need suddenly.|
|13||In order to attract money, we ought to work even if we do not like that work. The more unpleasant the work, the more money it guarantees. Nature sees and rewards our willingness to sacrifice.|
|14||The more we appreciate how much we have. and thank the universe for that, the more we let the universe know that we have enough now, and hence convey the futility of giving us more. Moreover, appreciating ‘how much we have.’ makes us complacent, and we tend to strive and receive less as a result.|
No ticks: Excellent: You must be feeling abundance already in your life.
Less than two ticks: Good. You are favourably predi s - posed to riches, especially, if you work on the beliefs that you have just ticked.
More than two ticks: If you begin to shed these beliefs, and stop acting on them, you can turn your life around.
Interpretation: The statements you have ticked are the beliefs, attitude, and habits that are keeping you from attracting riches and abundance in your lives (Yes, none of these 14 statements is favourable for attracting abundance and riches in your life). Many of us inherit one, more, or all of these beliefs from elders at an impressionable age. I suggest you go through the following comments I have made on each one of these questions and contemplate on these – especially the ones you have ticked. This will help you shed them and attract abundance thereby in your life. I sincerely wish you abundance of all the good things in your life.
Comments on the questions:
1. Like fire, money in itself is neither bad nor good. How we use it, makes it good or bad.
2. To begin with, you only need to have gratitude and the abundance attitude.
3. You can make money both ways: through honest means as well as through dishonest means. Both ways bring their own karma with them.
4. Money or lack of it may be of signifi- cance to us, not to God.
5. No. The ideal order should be just the reverse. Rich people first donate (and save) and then spend for their needs; poor people first spend and then save.
6. Life and universe has no bias against or in favour of particular people.
7. Nothing can be generalised. Both poor and rich may be selfish and/or obsessed with money. However, carrying such a belief about others may reveal what may be keeping us from abundance.
8. People can become richer without becoming the reason for others’ poverty. Making rich people poorer will not make poor people richer. If you forcibly take off iron filings stuck to a magnet, the piece of wood lying adjacent to it will not begin to attract them.
9. This becomes true for those who believe it. There are many people in the world, whose life contradicts this belief.
10. Trust that we will always be supplied with whatever we need in any given moment is the magnet that attracts abundance and riches. What would you tend to hoard if you truly have this trust in your heart?
11. Hoarding and disorder are Siamese twins and go hand-in-hand.
12. Money can definitely purchase us things that may provide us comforts, but these comforts may or may not change how we may be feeling deep within. Often the fear of losing power may make us feel powerless sometimes.
13. Joy and love of doing whatever we may be doing attracts abundance. Joyless striving is the biggest cause of stress (and of the feeling of scarcity) in today’s world.
14. The habit of appreciating ‘what we already have,’ shifts our focus, and attracts in our lives reasons to continue to experience the same feeling of gratitude with progressively deeper intensity.
Anil Bhatnagar, an iiTian, apart from being a corporate trainer on behavioural skills to over 50 leading companies of the nation, is a motivational speaker, a personal growth coach, and a reiki teacher. www.anilbhatnagar.com
See more articles on Personal growth at: http://www.lifepositive.com/articles/Personalgrowth
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|