Personal Growth - Generate your own power
by Chitra Jha
Frequent power-cuts are a common phenomenon across India. Most households own inverters and generators and yet cannot generate enough power for all their needs. The other day, a friend of mine quipped, “The moment the power goes, I kind of feel power-less myself. My household shifts from a 21st century comfort-zone, to a 17th century basic dwelling, as most of my electric and electronic gadgets either do not work or their use has to be rationed, as one never knows when the power will be back.”
As I mulled upon her words, I found myself wondering about the word ‘power’ itself. I have heard similar words before from my healing/counselling clients, “I feel power-less in my relationship.” “I have no power.” “I have given my power away.” “I want to feel empowered.” “Where is my power?” “Why do I feel so helpless?” As a metaphysical teacher, I understand that each one of us generates our own personal power. Some people refer to it as our inner light or divine spirit within. This power creates our personal vibrational field, through our power-centres; also known as chakras. This vibrational field is responsible for all that we have or do not have in our life. Our health, wealth, relationships, career, and hobbies are all affected by our personal vibrational field. In other words, how we operate through various facets of our life depends upon how much personal power we can generate.
I followed the thread of my thoughts, telling myself, “All right, let us look at how we generate this power in the first place.” I understand that our vibrations are affected by our thoughts; so our thoughts must be generating our power.
|Our health, wealth, relationships, career, and hobbies, are all affected by our personal vibrational field|
I looked at the possible ways we may be losing our personal power (those that have maximum potential to drain our power). Here is my list:
1. Since our birth-family is the first centre of our power, we lose this power when we think of our family in a negative manner – when we speak ill of them; when we don’t acknowledge, accept, honour, love, appreciate them; and when we take actions that may harm them.
2. We lose our personal power when we do not honour our vows in sacred unions or partnerships; whether in marriage or in business; when we dishonourably break these vows.
3. We lose our personal power when we view some people/communities/nations as enemies; or view ourselves as their enemy.
4. We lose personal power when we violate our honour and integrity, or compromise it in any manner.
5. We lose power when we disregard or do not pay attention to our gut-instincts/intuition/tuition that comes from within – our divine source.
6. We lose power when we continue to seek approval from others for our behaviour, looks, body shape, or career moves.
7. We lose personal power when we lack self-respect, self-love, or self-confidence.
8. We lose personal power when we fear abandonment, loneliness, and sickness.
9. We lose power when we continue to focus upon what is missing from our life; what we lack; what we want, and what we need.
10. We lose power when we look at our life as empty, meaningless, and without a purpose.
11. We lose power when we act unlovingly towards any sentient being (human, animal, plant, or mineral).
12. We lose power when we are unable to forgive others or ourselves for any mistakes or trespasses.
13. We lose power when we neglect, suppress, or deny any of our emotions.
14. We lose power when we tell a lie or distort truth.
15. We lose power when we think ill/small of ourselves or others; when we criticise ourselves or others; and when we indulge in gossip and manipulation.
16. We lose power when we carry the energy of vengeance; when we hurt others – more power is lost if the act is deliberate.
17. We lose power when we allow our thoughts to dwell in the past.
18. We lose power when we consider those who are different from us to be less or more than us.
19. We lose power when we do not trust ourselves and others around us.
20. We lose power when we make our choices out of fear.
21. We lose power when we choose to run away from ourselves or our decisions.
22. We lose power when we try to control other people.
Now, we have to promise ourselves to stop indulging in these power-sucking behaviours and thought patterns while inculcating new empowering/power-generating habits. Here is the list:-
1. We increase our personal power when we acknowledge, accept, honour, love, and appreciate our birth-families.
2. We generate more power when we act in integrity and honour all our relationships.
3. We increase our power when we are tuned to receiving intuitive guidance from our spirit; when we shift our attention away from the external world and tune into the internal world.
4. We increase our power when we accept/love our life as it is with all its ups and downs.
5. We become empowered when we develop an attitude of appreciation and gratitude for all that we have; when we are grateful for the gift of life itself.
6. We feel empowered when we develop the power of forgiveness and use it.
7. We generate more power when we refine our capacity to love others as well as ourselves; when we fill our hearts with the vital energies of love and harmony.
8. We become more powerful when we are committed to attending to our personal emotional needs.
9. We increase our power when we surrender our personal will to the Divine will, saying, ‘Thy Will be done’; when we become aware that life contains a divine plan.
10. We increase our power when we become comfortable with our vulnerabilities; when we stop hiding/masking our perceived flaws; when we speak our truth.
11. We become empowered when we re-direct our energies into positive thoughts, actions, and behaviour.
12. We become more powerful when we share graciously, and receive gratefully.
13. We increase our power when we become supportive and non-judgmental of people with whom we live or work.
14. We generate more power when we make decisions that create best consequences for ourselves and for those with whom we interact.
15. We increase our power when we live in the present moment.
16. We become more empowered when we look for what we have in common with others; when we focus upon our similarities rather than upon our differences.
17. We increase our power when we give our word and keep it – whether to ourselves or to others; when we honour our commitments.
18. We increase our personal power when we take pride in what we do; when we enjoy our work – whether at home, play or job.
19. We empower ourselves when we are proud of who we are.
20. We generate extra power when we make choices in complete faith in the universe and ourselves.
21. We become powerful when we master our inner responses, thoughts and emotions, vis-à-vis the external world.
22. We increase our personal power when we let go of our need to be right.
See more articles on Personal Growth : http://www.lifepositive.com/Articles/PersonalGrowth
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|