All of us have an inner child within us, the source of our joy, playfulness and spontaneity. However, all too often, in the process of growing up, the child is wounded. How can we discover our inner child and nurture it back to wholeness?
What are the signs of activity of the inner childWe know our “inner child” is active when we: • Lose ourselves in frolic and fun.
• Cry at a sentimental movie or TV show.
• Enjoy playing with children’s toys.
• Love visiting theme parks designed for children.
• Seek out adult toys to play with.
• Cry or grieve as adults for the losses we experienced in our past.
• Get sentimental looking at old photo albums, home movies or scrapbooks about our childhood.
• Experience the same intensity of feeling we had as children as we role play or act out experiences from our past.
Source – James J Messina, PhD, psychologist from the internet.
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|