"Intimacy requires identity development, which means that you have to know yourself and your inner self in order to share yourself with another." says Peter Fox, Couple's Therapist
In a healthy relationship:• There is spoken and unspoken dialogue. It is frank and direct with space for difference in world views.
• There is Empathy - or accurate understanding of the other's world as seen, felt and understood from the inside.
• We are curious about how the other thinks as well as what they think. and unspoken dialogue. It is frank and direct with space for difference in worldviews.
• There is room for individuality and at the same time cohesiveness.
• Power is distributed equally and conflict handled transparently through negotiation, without force or threat.
• There is expression of strong emotion and deepest fear by each person without abuse or causing harm.
• Adults do not involve children in the normal disagreements.
• There is forgiveness and redemption, which releases each without charge, from bondage to past, present or future.
Written by Peter Fox on www.peterfox.com.au/family_howto.html
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|