The Life Positive cover story on Sharing in the January 2011 issue inspired a reader to introduce us to the concept of Collaborative Consumption, an alternative approach to capitalism, which is catching the imagination of millions across the globe
Collaborative consumerism pioneers• Log on to Crashpadder.com if you need a place to stay for a night or two and are happy on a sofa or in someone’s spare room. It is a great hotel replacement for lone travellers on a budget.
• ParkatmyHouse aims to provide a convenient and cheaper parking alternative while simultaneously providing an opportunity for home and business owners to earn from their under-utilised land.
• Drummond Gilbert, founder of goCarShare, wants to fill millions of empty car seats, reduce carbon dioxide emissions and make travelling by car fun again.
• Andreas Randow, founder of StudioShare.org, is helping the US photography industry to pool their resources.
• Dave Llorens, CEO of One Block Off The Grid, is helping the US go solar, one block at a time.
• Orli Cotel, co-founder of Swap for Good, uses clothing swaps to not only build community but raise funds and awareness for a good cause.
• Thingloop can resemble having all of your friends' and family's stuff in one giant storehouse to access whenever needed.
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|