Personality Types - Introvert Extravert
by Luis S. R. Vas
Life Positive July issue:
Life Positive is bringing out an enlightenment special in July 2005. We would like to invite readers to contribute to this fascinating subject in the following ways:
Send in your experiences
1. Send us a one-line
Probably no one is entirely an introvert or extravert but predominantly one or the other. You could be an introvert and still achieve excellence in a field considered tailormade for extraverts. For example, Gandhi was an introvert who succeeded in launching one of the biggest mass movements in history.
This test should tell you where exactly you fit on the introvert-extravert scale.
Results of the test are at the bottom. There are no right or wrong answers, just as there is no right or wrong temperament. Make sure you answer all questions; even those that you feel don’t apply directly to you. Try and answer each question quickly and spontaneously without putting too much thought into it.
What is being tested is your emotional reaction and not your train of thought. Therefore do not bother with possible doubts or reasoning. Try to be as truthful as you can. Don’t provide an answer just because it seems to be the right thing to say.
• Would you rather be a scientist or a senator?
• Do you think many highly rated professions or occupations that are considered trustworthy do more harm to the country than good?
• Is it more important for a literature critic to be tolerant and encouraging or to make careful distinctions?
• If you were given the opportunity to work as a receptionist or in an interesting job with your own office which would you choose?
• Should a doctor keep his feelings from interfering with his judgments concerning the treatment of his patients or should his feelings be the main force behind his actions?
• Do you find it easy or hard to change or adjust your behaviour and your everyday relationships according to the company that you are in?
• Where would you prefer to spend most of your time if you were on holiday: reading and taking lonely walks or meeting people?
• Would it be easy or hard for you to lead the life of a hermit?
• Would you prefer your husband or wife to be a self-contained companion or very sociable?
• In your opinion are most people worthy of real trust or not?
• Do you or don’t you like to organise entertainment?
• Would you prefer to be a wandering book salesperson or a bookseller in a shop?
• Would you describe yourself as someone who looks on the bright side of life or as someone who is mostly cautious/ suspicious?
• Would you prefer to be a high standing government employee or a member of the government?
• Do you usually have a good time or not at large noisy gatherings or among large groups of strangers?
• Would it be difficult or easy for you to make a public speech?
• In a play where would you be more content working, behind the scenes or as one of the main actors?
• Are you impulsive or mostly reserved when giving a suitable reply in general discussions?
• Do you usually make friends quickly or slowly in a new situation?
• In most of your activities would you describe yourself as active person or as someone who is lacking energy?
Check your answers below. If your answers predominate in either list, you belong to that temperament. If you fall within the introvert category and would like to be more extraverted, select the company of extraverts and cultivate their interests. And vice-versa. Members of either temperament usually p refer partners of the opposite temperament and often find them fully compatible!
1. Scientist 2. Yes 3. Latter 4. Own office 5. Former 6. Hard 7. Former 8. Easy 9. Latter 10. No 11. No 12. Latter 13. Latter 14. Latter 15. No 16. Difficult 17. Former 18. Latter 19. Slowly 20. Latter
1. Senator 2. No 3. Former 4. Receptionist 5. Latter 6. Easy 7. Latter 8. Hard 9.Former 10. Yes 11. Yes 12. Former 13. Former 14. Former 15. Yes 16. Easy 17. Latter 18. Former 19. Quickly 20. Former
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|