Teaching Story - Hug For Hope
by Julia Cameron
Amma has built a worldwide network of followers who cannot get enough of her hugs. One disciple flew all the way across the globe from Australia to London to meet her. He waited with hundreds of others to experience the pure joy of melting in her embrace. In each city she visits, Amma doles out hugs all day long, to everyone present, often as late as two or three in the morning. Hugging can indeed be one of the simplest and most profound ways of spreading love. When words just will not help, it is a sure way of offering hope to those who need it the most. Are you ready to heal with hugs?
What is your SQ (Spiritual Quotient)?
Q1. Your friend forgets to call you on your birthday. How do you react?
1) I freak out.
2) I understand, but am still annoyed.
3) I telephone with a smile and say, "Hey, it is my birthday. It will be incomplete without your wishing me, so please give me your good wishes."
Q2. You are knee deep in work, your significant other is complaining about having no time with you, and your mother is seriously ill. What would you do?
1) I would be a wreck
2) I would recognise that I am being pulled in all directions, but unable to say no to anyone.
3) I draw firm boundaries, maintain my workouts and meditation time, and yet put forth my best effort.
Q3. At a time of great suffering.
1) I go into a downward spiral.
2) I care for myself and others, trying not to add to the suffering.
3) I accept this as part of the human experience, and see it as an opportunity for spiritual growth.
If most of your answers were the third option, you are almost fully spiritual. If most were the second option, you have come a long way, but still have a long way to go. If your answers were the first option, your spiritual quotient is currently low, but it is never too late to begin!
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|