Despite misty origins, hypnotism and hypnosis is increasingly being used as a tool in healing, entertainment and self-improvement
10 STEPS TO SELF HYPNOSIS
Self-hypnosis allows one to communicate with the subconscious mind and reprogram it for positive and permanent changes and even self-healing.
Here are the elementary steps:
1. Ensure that you are alone in a quiet room. Wear comfortable clothes. Lie back in a reclining chair.
2. Place a picture of concentric circles a few feet away and stare at it.
3. Repeat slowly: "As I stare at this picture, I am going deeper and deeper into a trance. Deeper and deeper, deeper and deeper. My eyelids are getting heavier and heavier, heavier and heavier. My eyes are closing slowly as I fall into a d-e-e-e-e-e-e-p trance."
4. "As I slowly count backward from ten to one, I will go deeper and deeper into a trance. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one…"
5. "In body and mind, I am totally relaxed, relaxed." Repeat.
6. Repeat positive affirmations. For example, if you are nervous and edgy, keep saying: ''At all times, I am totally calm, cool and in control.'' Never use negative affirmations like: ''I am never nervous and edgy.'' The mind will concentrate on 'nervous and edgy' and you will be just that.
7. Now say: ''My body is getting lighter and lighter, lighter and lighter. Waves of relaxing cosmic energy are now entering my body, spreading from the toes upwards. A light, tingling, relaxing, energizing sensation is now flooding me.''
8. Give a post-hypnotic suggestion that the desired response occur even after you come out of the trance. This will deepen the beneficial effects by subconsciously inducing the desired behavior.
9. Give yourself another post-hypnotic suggestion: ''Hereafter, each time I induce self-hypnosis, I will be able to do so easily and faster.''
10. You can then come out of the trance by counting from 10 to 1, having affirmed that after the count of each digit you will awaken gradually. On reaching one, open your eyes slowly.
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|