As you enter the modern town of Puttaparthi it is difficult to believe that it was once a sleepy village tucked away amongst the silent hills.
Baba`s Tenfold Path to Divinity1. Treat as sacred the land in which you were born. Be patriotic, but do not criticize other nations or put others down-not even in your thoughts.
2. Respect all religions equally.
3. Recognize the brotherhood of man; treat all as brothers; love all.
4. Keep your house and surroundings clean, for this will promote hygiene and health and will help you.
5. Practice charity but do not encourage beggars by giving money. Provide them food, clothing and shelter and help in other ways (do not encourage laziness).
6. Never give or take a bribe. Never give in to corruption.
7. Curb envy and jealousy, expand your vision and outlook, treat all equally regardless of caste or creed.
8. Try and do as much as possible by yourself. You may be wealthy and have servants who can help, but service to society must be done yourself.
9. Cultivate love for God and fear and hatred for sin.
10. Never go against the law of the land. Be an exemplary citizen.
So Says Baba
The previous avatar, Shirdi Baba, laid the base for secular integration and gave mankind the message of duty as work. The mission of the present avatar is to make everybody realise that the same God or divinity resides in everyone. People should respect, love, and help each other, irrespective of colour or creed. Finally, Prema Sai, the third avatar, will promote the view that not only does God reside in everybody but also that everybody is God. That will be the final wisdom that will enable every man and woman to go to God.
Even the hardest heart can be softened so that the Divine can sprout therein.
We are trying to discover God, searching for this throughout the universe. But we omit to investigate his existence within ourselves as the very core and keystone of our being.
These miracles are merely baits with which I lure the people towards me. Once their faith is firmly established, they begin to look beyond the miracles and slowly start stretching their hands out for what I have really come to give-knowledge and bliss.
Desire is a storm, greed is a whirlpool, pride is a precipice, attachment is an avalanche, ego is a volcano. Keep these things away so that when you recite the name of God or do meditation, they do not disturb the equanimity.
Where there is righteousness in the heart,
There is beauty in the character.
When there is beauty in the character,
There is harmony in the home.
When there is harmony in the home,
There is order in the nation.
When there is order in the nation,
There is peace in the world.
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|