Undertake to fast for purification, to propitiate the gods, to unleash inner power, for a socio-religious event. Or for the simple joy of partaking of special fasting foods. Sample fasting food recipes listed below
ON THE FAST TRACK
Nature Cure Recommends
• A fast once a week can be your way to rid yourself of body toxins, boost immunity, accelerate weight loss, improve concentration and get a glow on your skin and hair.
• The evening before you go for a fast, eat an easily digestible, light meal. Similarly, break the fast with fruit or vegetable juice and not with a heavy meal. The longer a fast, the longer you should take to come back to a normal diet.
• Drink eight to 10 glasses of lukewarm water during the fast to help flush out body toxins.
• Do enema in the morning on fast days.
• During a fast, engage in light activities only—meditate, read, take a stroll. Avoid jogging or exercising.
• To settle hunger pangs, drink a glass of water. Occupy your mind so that you do not think of food.
• Don't fast if you have a serious medical condition.
• If you have never fasted before take one on fruit and vegetable juices.
• You might notice slight nausea, change in urine color, coating of the tongue during fasting. These are all signs of toxins being eliminated.
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|