With a growing sedentary existence, mankind seems to be losing touch with the simple act of walking. Are we aware of therapeutic benefits we are missing out on when we stop using our legs?
Way to walkDr Madhu Gupta Shastri of the Krishna Dutt Health Center gives the following tips for best results while walking:
• Always walk in a brisk and upright manner.
• Walk till you feel exhausted. Feeling tired means your body can't take more exertion.
• Walk at the most for an hour.
• Walk for the sake of walking, not as an exercise that must be undertaken.
• Keep a fixed time for walking, preferably early morning.
• Be consistent. Increase time gradually.
• Don't talk while walking. It reduces your energy and prevents concentrating on the act of walking.
|HOME | SUBSCRIBE | WALLPAPERS | ADVERTISING | POLICY | PRACTITIONERS | WRITERS | PEOPLE | ABOUT | CONTACT|