A teenager doing Yoga
Do you always feel stressed and tensed? Do you feel as if you're taking the entire world on your shoulders? I would not be surprised if you end up confessing that the jampacked lifestyle topped with stressful competition is not letting you breathe in peace. Most of us have jokingly declared to run away and settle on Himalayas; at least it is peaceful there. However, the reality strikes us hard and we never renounce the world even when we want to. So, what is the solution? The answer lies in the ancient art of Yoga. With the help of Yoga, you can definitely throw light on those unhealthy feelings by the wayside. By removing tension and stress, yoga poses and breathing exercises, a person remains free from negative vibes. As a result, a person who does yoga is better able to make a good psychological health. Effect of Yoga on mental health is wonderful and this is why everyone is inclining towards it.
Yoga is a psychology which helps us to work with the nature of mind, the nature of being a human, how emotions live in our bodies and how they affect our behavior and mind. It helps in recognising and coping with our own low self-esteem. There is a huge effect of yoga on mental health which is backed by psychologists and scholars.
There are many people who develop a condition called Traumatic stress disorders after they face problems in their life. They suffer a mental sickness or illness after they experience frequent problems. In such cases, Yoga is the best counter against such traumatic experiences.
Let's Have a Look at Effect of Yoga on Mental Health
- Yoga helps in moving from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system. It will typically lessen your anxiety and keep you in a more relaxed state. When you start breathing deeply, you may slow down and calm your nervous system. This is the effect of Yoga on Mental Health.
- It helps in building your sense of self and trust. If you exercise more and eat healthily then all your efforts will definitely pay off. At the end of the day, everything comes to you with yourself. When you become more confident and rooted in your self, you develop a healthy and balanced ego, where you have nothing to prove and nothing to hide. You become strong and courageous with the willpower you get by practicing yoga. You will not be afraid of difficult conversations and you will know that you are going to be fine at the end of the day.
- Yoga modulates the stress and anxiety by slowing down heart rate, rapid breathing, lowering the blood pressure and also increasing the heart rate. Exercises of various kinds increase feel-good neurotransmitters but yoga is the best. It will put a brake on your brain activity and keeps you relaxed.
- Another study with mild depression says that yoga classes improve mood and reduced anxiety and fatigue. When compared to other breathing and visualization exercises, those who practice yoga will feel more alert, energetic and will be in a positive mood.
- Yoga has the power to boost the power of the brain and also in doing the conventional exercises. It will help in improving concentration and memory.
- Adolescence is a stage in one's life where we experience various health and mental problems which are more likely to develop. With many such cases diagnosed, it has become imperative to prevent the onset of such mental health conditions. Yoga is the helper that will protect adolescents from mental sickness. Yoga involves breathing, relaxation and meditation. This will help in the mood betterment, lowering the levels of anxiety and depression, control anger and enhanced mindfulness
A Note to the Reader
The regular practice of yoga brings remarkable lifestyle changes in the people. Not to mention that people will experience a relief from chronic illness and also observe behavioural changes. This can happen once we give up and quit this lifestyle and go into the different world of yoga. This is the secret to the better health and sense of happiness.