Veganism is a misunderstood term as people fail to realise the kind intentions behind it. It is both the act of refraining from the consuming animal items and a thought process that rejects that animals are inferior to humans. Dietary vegans do not consume animal products, meat, eggs, dairy items and so on. They often encounter uncomfortable questions, like, from where they fulfill their daily protein intake. Let's give you an insight into the vegan diet. Protein for vegans is a movement which has gripped the entire world. More people are turning vegans as they want to lessen cruelty and spread compassion and love.
Here are Few Alternatives for Animal Protein which are Gaining Popularity Throughout the World-
Beans are the best protein for vegans. We are mentioning few protein saturated beans which you can cook without spending too much time in cooking.
- Lentils are high-protein, high-fibre round seeds from the plant family. Smaller than the usual adaptation of a bean, lentils develop in units and come in red, dark-coloured, dark, and green assortments. Also, their preparation is comparatively easy. The ease of availability of lentils makes it one of the best alternatives for high-quality protein for individuals around the globe.
- Black Beans are one of the richest protein sources which help in cancer prevention. Their dull shading demonstrates the richness of antioxidants. Also, they have less starch as compared to other bean varieties.
- 100 grams of peas contain up to 5 grams of protein. They are rich in fibre and protein. They are bountiful with essential vitamins and nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, zinc, iron etc. The best part is that they are available at the nearest stores from your house.
- Soy is the most popular source of vegan protein. 100 grams of soy contains a whopping amount of protein, e.g., 36 grams.
Here are Few Fruity Protein Bombs-
As demand for meat options has increased, people are looking for vegan alternatives of animal products. The concern is driven by well-being, natural and animal welfare. You do not have to crib about the vegan menu as there are fruit alternatives to protein for vegans which is generally considered not so tasty.
- Do you remember the phrase 'girl next door'? Guavas can easily be called as 'fruits next door' for the most obvious reason that they are rich in protein. 100 grams of guava contains 2.6 grams of protein.
- It is the time when you should go on dates with 'dates'. It's highly popular regarding protein content; 100 grams of dates contain 2.5 grams of protein.
- Jackfruits should be crowned as 'Jack of All Trades'. 100 grams of jackfruit can compensate for 3% of your daily dietary requirement.
- Cantaloupe Melons can easily be spotted in markets. 100 grams of melons contain 1% protein.
- It is equally important not to forget bananas which contain 2% of daily dietary protein. They are available throughout the year.
Why You Should Choose Vegan Protein?
Earth is dying a slow death because of our obsession with animal products. Choosing veganism is one of the most significant things that you can do to combat environmental change. Veganism will lessen additional harm to the precious natural resources. "Where there's a will, there's a way" is an old English adage which means that a man with determination will discover a method for accomplishing something, anyhow.
"Where do you get your proteins from?" is a question which perhaps every vegan is tired of answering. Often, jibes are taken at them for being too rigid and impractical. However, it is a way of life which considers that animals have senses just like us and we should fulfil our role as humankind. I read a meme(/ˈmiːm/ MEEM) that showed a goat asking a man- "Why you are called humankind when you are not kind?". The answer to why one should be vegan lies here. Proteins for vegans not only have potential to save lives but entire humankind. Proteins are essential amino acids which need not have animal sources. Yes, you can consume proteins from numerous other plant sources. Nature is bountiful for everyone's need.
Ethics of Protein for Vegans
By all means, taste can never compete with lives, especially if it is causing global warming. The industrialisation of livestock is one of the biggest reasons. How does it make you feel that your taste buds are causing doom to our home? Earth will be a better place to live if we realise that destruction of the natural world is happening because of our food preferences. The species which are carnivorous by nature have no other option, but ours can be changed. To put it differently, we will be saving our home if we alter our food preferences.
Taste Matters, So Do Lives!
Love is a stronger component as compared to blood. It replicates and makes everything better. Sadly, humans do not realize that with more power comes more responsibility. At present, we need to keep our penchant for animal protein aside and make a choice. Once the earth is stripped of its beauty, it will be too late to turn back and correct the mistakes. Under those circumstances, humankind will die a painful death. It is important to make an ethical choice. Sooner or later, we will have to do it. As a human, keep your humanity above all temptations and choose protein for vegans. A right choice will not only lessen the barbaric treatment of animals but also save the harmful effects of gases which animal industry releases into the atmosphere.