Importance of Peace for Harmonious Connections – 3 Reasons why Peace is the Need of the Hour
There is so much serenity and tranquility in the word ‘Peace’ itself. This is applicable in the context of inner peace as well as world harmony. We are constantly surrounded by negativity. The quivering energy is felt in our bones. Hence, the importance of peace cannot be overlooked in today’s time.
Conflicts arise in the absence of Peace. A disequilibrium in harmony leads to hostility and violence. A peaceful environment is the need of the hour. Both, peaceful environment within as well as peaceful environment outside. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is the absence of all negative energy that threatens our safety, security, and survival.
Following are 3 reasons that emphasize the importance of peace in our lives
1. Builds Sustainable Relationships
- We need peace to maintain harmonious relationships with ourselves, our loved ones, and our fellow beings. We need to establish peace between neighbors, friends, countries, and nations of the word. Hatred and war is the cause of lack of mutual trust and respect. The real war we all fight is the inner war that destroys the oasis of calm built with abundant love and peace.
- We as humans always want an excuse to fight. The ego might not want to believe this, but deep down we all want to be right. This innate obsession then leads to a dispute. We listen not to understand, but to respond. This is true of inner conversations within as well as with the outside world.
- Ego arises due to strong identification with the self. However, we are all just spiritual beings in this human body, which is a temporary vessel. The first step towards building peace is to let go of the strong identification we hold with ourselves.
- The importance of Peace comes from knowing that we are here to fulfill a higher purpose. Worldly achievements are temporary and not the ultimate goal of life. This realization helps to form a strong conscious connection which is the prerequisite of peace.
2. Gives us Mental Freedom
- The negative energy clogged in the heart is released when we realize the importance of peace. We experience a feeling of liberation when the heart is filled with good energy and positive vibrations.
- Realizing the importance of peace helps eradicate the fear that is hidden inside. It gives us the strength to beat the clutches of violence. Fear destroys what faith creates. Living a life of faith adds to mental peace and quietude that we are looking for.
- Peace may mean different things to different people. But what is common is the energy generated within that leads to a calm, stable, and one-pointed mind. A mind that is free of superficial desires and is focused on inner growth.
- The soul within each one of us already knows what needs to be done. The challenge is to control the mental chatter of the mind.
- This nonstop chatter leads to negative energy as is seen in the form of violence in words and deeds. Peace brings out the divinity in every one of us and sets us free from the chaos within.
3. Ends Suffering
- While pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice. We may choose to learn and grow from pain or we may choose to victimize ourselves and suffer the consequences.
- When the heart is filled with peace, no pain in the world can break this bond we form with ourselves.
- We manage to outshine the negativities of life and come out stronger than before. We choose to see them as stepping stones and not stumbling rocks.
- Prayer for Peace meditation can help develop this divine energy within. It can help transform our lives, as we open up our hearts and fill it with divine energy. This energy is passed on to our fellow beings and a chain of unbreakable peace and joy is built.
The concept of peace is not new to us, yet we fail at imbibing this quality and making it a part of our being. We tend to overlook the importance of peace in our lives. If there are peaceful beings, there can be a peaceful world. It all starts with us. There is a power of interconnection in the Universe that binds all of us. If we step outside to change the world, before we take a look within, we are bound to fail miserably. As Mahatma Gandhi rightly said “Be the change that you wish to see in the world”. It all starts with you. Once you experience peace within yourself, the divine power will manifest itself.
About the Author
Karen is a content contributor at Life positive. She is a law graduate with a specialization in corporate law and a certified yoga trainer (RYT 500) and has completed her advanced teachers' training in yoga education from The Yoga Insitute.