How Essay Writing Performance Influence Personal Growth
Personal growth is all the rage nowadays. There are more non-fiction books about personal development. It can be even tiresome sometimes because it starts feeling like this topic is attacking you from everywhere. At the same time, it is silly not to agree that some personal growth should accompany our entire life, and without it, we won’t be making much sense. Every minute the world is changing, and if we fail to change with it, we can’t count on prosperous careers and overall success. There are cases not relevant to this theory, but they are rare.
There are many ways in which your personal growth can be boosted. And for some of them, you don’t even need to get involved in some special activities. For example, increasing your writing performance is one of the ways to influence personal growth. It is a daily activity for any student, but trust us, it can be done much more efficiently.
Step 1. Analyze your writing performance
Any analysis you make should be performed in a written form. Whatever thoughts you may have on a subject, you won’t be able to systematize them, get them into order, draw valuable conclusions, if you don’t analyze your performance in a written form. Write down:
- Which tasks are more and less tiring for you;
- Which tasks are your favorite and why;
- Which tasks do you have and why;
- Which tasks take more of your time and why;
- Which assignments bring your the worst/best scores;
- What do you like about writing in general;
- What do you dislike about writing;
Is your writing performance now good enough to reach your academic goals;
Step 2. Set some goals
After you’ve some analytics in a written form, you are ready to set up new goals for your writing. If your writing performance is not good enough for reaching academic goals you have in mind, you should decide in which way, at what level you can change it. Again, all the goals you set should be set in writing, or you forget/confuse them very soon. You cannot target all goals at the same time — you will get demotivated, and start to procrastinate, and that is not what we want. For example, you can choose to learn how to make fewer grammar mistakes or improve your style, or do research faster. Focus on one thing, and once you master it, move forward.
Step 3. Make a step-by-step plan for your goals
New Year resolutions normally don’t work. People just make some wish at the beginning of the year, and later forget about it. If you want your goal to work, you need a plan, and it should be detailed. Ask yourself, what can help to write better with fewer mistakes. There are options, but some basic answers are:
- Use professional essay writing services for help. A “write my essay for me” request can be more efficient than you think, especially if you address a professional writing agency. Your goal is to analyze the flawless work done by others and copy some strategies in research, formatting, writing style in general. Learning from the best is exceptionally valuable, and in this case, it doesn’t cost too much.
- Use paid versions of grammar checkers. Of course, some of them are pricey, but it doesn’t mean you should not give it a try. Half a year's plan is enough to deal with the majority of mistakes. The idea is, we don’t make all the mistakes at once. We repeat the same mistakes because we don’t understand some structures, miss some grammar logic. Grammar checkers help us to see our flaws and deal with them.
- Ask friends to help with proofreading. Even if your friends say they are not better than you in writing, they have fresh eyes when it comes to your paper. They can focus on its form, and give you some tips on how to make your writing better.
Personal growth is a tricky idea. It doesn’t come if you just think about it, but if you invest yourself in getting better in something particular, you can count on it to happen. Becoming much better in essay writing, you will feel much more confident and prone to personal development in general, not only in academic matters.