By Sunil Parekh
In a continuation of his series on mind power, Sunil Parekh offers three techniques to help you master and resolve life’s problems
Problems are the curriculum of life. It is only through solving them that we grow in wisdom, understanding, capability and confidence. They are the reason we have taken birth on Planet Earth! And yet when we are confronted with a problem, many of us shrink with fear and worry. That is when some tools and techniques that help us to avail of the power of our subconscious mind, can help.
Baljit G. of Mumbai had been falsely indicted in a court case. However, he had a chance to prove his innocence at a hearing coming up in the High Court. Baljit used a technique called “Subjective Communication”. He researched about the judge, and then used the technique to discuss the entire truth with the judge, in his mind, on the night prior to the hearing. The results were amazing. At the hearing the next day, the judge listened patiently to Baljit, and the case took a complete u-turn. The judge asked the lawyers to bring a closure to the case within a maximum of six months. Baljit’s use of the technique resolved one of the most difficult and stressful problems he had ever faced.
My wife Jasmine was convinced that it was very difficult to drive on the streets of Mumbai. She used the 9-3-9 technique to overcome her limiting belief and replace it with a new empowering belief “It is absolutely possible to drive on the streets of Mumbai.” When she did this, she was confidently able to drive within three weeks.
In 2011, when I was taking a decision to quit my high flying corporate job and follow my passion to make a difference to people’s lives, people around me called me crazy. Though there was complete support from my family, there was a lot of discouragement from many other people. “It’s too risky”, “How will you support your family?”, “Many people have failed doing this, how do you think you will succeed?” and so on. At that time, I decided to use the “Half Glass of Water” technique to seek Inner Guidance. The outcome? I am now happily engaged in making a difference to people’s lives!
I have learnt some amazing techniques over the past several years which I now intend to share with you.
Half Glass of Water technique
This technique can be used to seek guidance from your Inner Self. There are several situations in life where we need guidance – on solving problems, coming up with new ideas, or taking a major decision. We can go to others for guidance (and we should), but remember there’s no one on this planet who knows you better than yourself.
Steps for using this technique:
1. Before sleeping at night, fill up a glass of water and be ready with the issue for which you want to request guidance. For eg, the request could be “I am struggling with this business problem, and I badly need a solution. Please give me the solution when I wake up in the morning”. While drinking half of the water in the glass, ask yourself this question. Then put the second half glass of water aside, cover it, and go to sleep.
2. When you wake up in the morning, drink the remaining half glass of water and while drinking, remind yourself of the question/request you had made before sleeping. Ask yourself “What did I request last night?”
3. Once you remember the question, just sit in silence like a ‘radio receiver’ waiting to receive guidance. You will receive certain ideas or inspirations to solve the problem. Immediately note this down in a journal, and then take action on the ideas received. Remember to keep a journal next to you before you go to sleep on the previous night.
Use this technique whenever you find yourself stuck on any issue and need guidance.
The 9-3-9 technique
Our beliefs drive our lives. What we believe, we see in our lives. Sometimes, people are not able to achieve their goals simply because they have some limiting beliefs that are holding them back.
Let’s take Jasmine’s example: “It is impossible for me to drive a car on the streets of Mumbai”. The first thing that needed to be done was to make changes in her belief system. 9-3-9 is a powerful technique to change your belief system.
Steps for using this technique:
1. The first step is to identify the Limiting Belief. In our example, the limiting belief was “It is impossible for me to drive a car on the streets of Mumbai”.
2. The second step is to frame a ‘positive empowering belief’ which needs to replace the limiting belief. In our example, it would be something like “It is absolutely easy to drive a car on the streets of Mumbai”
3. Once this is done, take a spiral-bound book and do the following:
a. On the first page, write the empowering belief “It is absolutely easy to drive a car on the streets of Mumbai” 21 times. Write the first nine times with your dominant hand (right or left hand), then the next three times with your non-dominant hand followed by nine times with your dominant hand. So for a person who is right handed, he/she will write the first nine times with the right hand, the next three times with the left hand, and the last nine times with the right hand. The total is 9+3+9 = total 21 times. When you write each sentence, feel that the goal is already achieved. Don’t do this mechanically. It’s the feelings that count the most.
b. Do this exercise everyday on a fresh page for a minimum of 21 days, without a single break. The key is to not have any breaks as this is essential to break and redefine the neurological patterns in our brain. c. In 21 days, the old pattern will break, and a new pattern will be established. Once this happens, you will be inspired to take action to achieve your goal with a renewed sense of confidence. This is what happened with Jasmine. Her fear of driving went away, and she was able to drive within three weeks of starting the exercise.
d. Note that if the patterns are very deep, it may sometimes take a little longer. The key is to never give up. Try this exercise, and see the results for yourself.
Normally, if we have a problem with someone, we try to ‘fix’ the other person in the physical or objective world, but this hardly gives any result. Subjective Communication enables you to send messages to people in the ‘subjective’ dimension (in the non-physical dimension of the mind). This is what Baljit did. Instead of trying to convince the judge in the courtroom, he did this the night before in the subjective dimension, by sending all the messages and doing all the convincing prior to the actual court case.
This is especially useful when the other person is just not willing to listen to you or even open for a discussion. Here are the steps:
Steps for using this technique:
1. Decide what you want to communicate and to whom. Just before sleeping, give a command to your Subconscious Mind as follows: “Subconscious Mind, please wake me up when this person is ready to receive the message”. Remember, that Subjective Communication can happen only when you (the transmitter) and the other person (the receiver) are in the right state of mind. When this can happen is something only your subconscious mind can know.
2. The subconscious mind may suddenly wake you up in the night (perhaps at 1 am or 2 am). Notice that this happened because you had asked your subconscious mind to wake you up when the other person was ready.
3. Get up and sit up on your bed, supporting your back. Then close your eyes, and visualise the person to whom you want to send the message.
4. Start communicating your message to the person as if you are speaking to the person physically. Express yourself fully and make sure you completely communicate your message.
5. After completing the message, wait for a few minutes until there is an inner sense that the message is delivered (similar to the ‘tick’ sign you see when an sms is sent). Trust that the message has been received by the concerned person.
6. Next day or whenever you meet the person in the future, he or she may tell you that they saw you in their dreams. There will be a sense of inner knowing of the message sent to them.
Try this technique. It works powerfully when all physical communication (in the objective world) fails. Baljit did this, and was able to solve a long-standing court case.
I hope you find these techniques useful. None of them are my creation. I have learnt them from different sources, and am sharing them with you in the hope that they may help you to live a happier, healthier and more successful life.
About the author : Sunil Parekh is an international success coach and a mind power trainer. He is the CEO of RISE Development Academy.
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed