By Ajay Poddar
This excerpt from the book, empower yourself, gives you practical and easy tips for energising your space: without and within
We know that while it is easy to talk about the right way to build structures, and to orient people in them as well as to allocate the correct spaces for them to use, it is often not possible to fulfil all these requirements. Most town planners have created plots and colonies, which are diagonal to the cardinal directions. They have positioned entry gates incorrectly and it is often not possible to choose the direction, which you should face, or the slope of land that is desirable. Most people either buy or rent workplaces, which are already constructed, thereby having no say in the construction aspect. In this scenario, what is to be done?
While a complete correction and enhancement of energies can be done by knowledgeable practitioners who work in a professional and scientific manner, it is often possible to implement some corrective measures ourselves, which can greatly enhance the energies and create a good atmosphere for living and working in; these include the position of doors, correction of sharp edges, treating electrical radiations, avoiding magnetic grid lines and orienting ourselves correctly.
Here are a few other suggestions and ways by which we can help ourselves:
• Plot shape: If the plot is not square or rectangular, we can make it so by cutting off the extra portion with a line of lime, or a single line of brickwork.
• Missing corners: If the corner of a house or a plot is missing, we can complete the corner by again drawing a line with lime or brick-mortar. If this is not possible, we can put a mirror on the wall in front of the corner so that the existing space is doubled and is projected into the missing portion.
• Toilets: Toilets need to be isolated energetically. Feng shui prescribes putting a mirror in front of the toilet door to reflect back the energies into the house so that they do not enter the toilet. Crystallisation of toilets or putting mirror on all sides of the toilet is also prescribed sometimes to confine the energies of the toilet within itself. This, of course, is not generally practical or feasible to implement. However, in the bedrooms, mirrors should not face one another.
• Wrong position of entrances : We can correct the energy flows of these entrances by putting a Swastika, clockwise spiral or image of Ganesha on either side of the door exactly half way from the bottom to the top or putting the same on top of the door exactly in the centre of the opening.
• Colours: House energies can be corrected by using eight colours in the eight cardinal and diagonal corners of the house as described in detail in the chapter on colours. This is a simple method of correcting and enhancing energies within a room or an entire building. While painting a building, the use of bright colours in light pastel shades creates an atmosphere of joy and vivacity, whereas dull grey and brown would induce boredom and inactivity. Glossy surfaces are preferred in indoor spaces where abundant natural light is not available and matt finishes are preferred for outer walls so that they absorb heat and light and do not reflect them on those approaching, thereby making them uncomfortable.
• Use of plants: Plants can be used to soften the effect of sharp edges and minimise the effect of negative electrical radiations. Of course, care should be taken not to keep cacti, dried flowers, dead leaves and plants as they create and give rise to want, deprivation and decay. Money plants, which are very popular and can be found in almost every house, are diseased plants, which affect the nervous system, and enhance stress, and should be kept away from the house and the plot.
• Ceiling heights: Avoid low ceilings as they literally create pressure and increase your blood pressure. The most important correction is to keep your house clean and have minimum storage. Look at all that you have collected over the years. Only keep what is absolutely necessary for now and not something, which you may need tomorrow, or you may like to look at someday. Throw or give away the rest. Then try to halve what is left behind. Clutter in the house or in the workplace creates clutter in life and in our minds.
• Light a candle: ‘Light a candle and bring happiness into your life.’ No truer statement has ever been made. Do this in the centre of the house and see the difference it makes to your life and health. Care should be taken that only one candle or an odd number of candles burn inside a house.
• Salt water: Occasionally clean the floors, of the house with water mixed with rock salt. This dispels negative energies.
• Light and air: Allow light and fresh air to come in. Switch off your air conditioners occasionally, even at the risk of allowing some dust in. The glass-clad high-rise architectural marvels being built all over are an environmental nightmare. They re-circulate stale air further polluted by room fresheners and consume too much electricity for cooling the trapped heat inside.
Homes and workspaces need to be selected, built, furnished and used with careful thought, care and love.
They can be modified and their energies can be enhanced manifold. More than professional help to select the right spaces, we need to use our intuition and our sensitivity to choose the right abodes and to use them efficiently and with love and reverence. A well-adorned house will look after you well, whereas a neglected one can only lead you to despair and ill-health.
Excerpted from Empower yourself by Ajay Poddar.
Publishers: Penguin Books, India.
Contact: Ajay Poddar: (011 ) 26252532.
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed