By Dr. Pankaj Aggarwal, M.D. (Hom.)
Homoeopathy is branch of medicine remains doubtful in respect of its efficacy, its scientificity in general and in various diseases in particular. Homoeopathy is a holistic way of treatment whatever may be the name of disease. This system understands each disease holistically (mind-body-spirit) and tailors the treatment for each individual having disease. So, homoeopathy treats the patient who has disease instead disease the patient has. This actually reflects lots of wisdom in the field of Medicine. It implies that any individual gets a disease according to his personality which means traits and characters achieved from heredity and environment (psychobiological and psychosocial). Homoeopathic doctor has to understand each disease in which kind of personality it will appear. This is the reason why some are susceptible to one disease and others are for some other disease. In my experience I understood about Diabetes Mellitus (type 2), DM 2, specially the personality inclined to have this disease. DM 2 is a somatic disease which has psychobiological and psychosocial dimensions. The recent concept of PNI (PSYCHO-NEURO-IMMUNOLOGY) has proved how it all happens in humans. The relationship between psychiatric and endocrinological illnesses is important because of shared biological background. Blood glucose level and its regulation directly affect brain and mental functions and conversely blood glucose is affected from mental and emotional changes. Many researches have shown the relation of personality and glucose regulation. These traits and characters are:
This disease, for the purpose of treatment is divided into different stages: Prediabetes: Often this stage wasn't showing any signs but recently they are isolated as below:
These above signs are present in young aged children which are becoming an alarming situation in respect of this disease. Homoeopathy can treat this stage very efficiently along with correction of life style. Diabetes: An early stage (blood glucose levels below 180) but yet not requiring any other medication, here, homoeopathy has got very good scope to treat with success. But once it is above 180 and below 300 then a very careful homoeopathic treatment required with strict monitoring. Above this levels can be dangerous so needs combined treatment with allopathic consultation and medication.
Research & Figures:
- Over 40 million have now been diagnosed with diabetes in India. The CPR (Crude prevalence rate) in the urban areas of India is thought to be 9%. In rural areas, the prevalence is approximately 3% of the total population.
- The population of India is now more than 1000 million: this helps to give a view of the scale of the problem.
- India actually has the highest number of diabetics of any one country in the entire world. IGT (Impaired Glucose Tolerance) is also a mounting problem in India.
- The prevalence of IGT is thought to be around 8.7% in urban areas and 7.9% in rural areas.
- In India, the type of diabetes differs considerably from that in the Western world. Type 1 is considerably more rare, and only about 1/3 of type II diabetics are overweight or obese.
- Diabetes is also beginning to appear much earlier in life in India, meaning that chronic long-term complications are becoming more common.
Complications: DM leads innumerable complications. In this stage, combined treatment is useful and needed. Conclusion: The mind and body connection is very powerful. Having good mental health decides healthy body which is unfortunately failing in this recent time. For long medical science has been denying this relationship but now agreed to, due to number of researches proved so. The same is true for DM. we must educate masses to be HAPPY and take HOMOEOPAHTY (H+H) which has the key to success, sure cure from DM.
Search for anything you wish to know in the area of body, mind or spirit on thousands of our pages on all things positive