Take the Wheel
Chakrasana oils the wheels of the whole body and fills you with positivity, says Kamala Venkat
The Wheel Pose, Chakrasana, also called the Full-Wheel Pose and Upward Bow Pose, is a back-bending posture that opens up the chest, tones the thighs, abdomen, and arms, and engages the whole body. As a heart-opening stretch, this pose helps release sadness and depression. It gets its name from the Sanskrit words, chakra, meaning wheel, and asana, meaning posture.
This pose should not be performed without a proper warm-up. Before practising this asana, you can begin with Sukshma Vyayama or loosening exercises to prepare your body for this pose.
1. To begin, lie on your back.
2. Bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor in a parallel position, in line with your sitting bones, about a foot’s distance away from your hips. Press your feet firmly into the floor.
3. Place your hands on the floor just above your shoulders with your fingers facing your shoulders.
4. Press into your hands and lift your upper body off the mat, resting the crown of your head lightly on your mat.
5. Press into your feet and lift your legs, pelvis, and abdomen off the mat, activating your inner thighs.
6. Push more into your feet, bringing more of your weight into your palms. This will protect your lower back.
7. Maintain strength and stability in your arms by continuing to press firmly into the mat.
8. Let your head hang in a neutral position, making sure not to strain your neck.
9. Hold for 5-10 breaths.
10. To exit the posture, slowly lower your arms and legs, and bring your spine back onto the mat, vertebra by vertebra.
• Increases energy and heat
• Strengthens the arms, legs, spine, and abdomen
• Opens the chest
• Stretches the shoulders
• Stretches the hip flexors and core
• Strengthens the glutes and thighs
• Increases flexibility in the spine
• Back injury or spinal problems.
• Glaucoma and/or high blood pressure
• Later stages of pregnancy
• Cardiac issues
• Acute or later stages of hernia
• Chronic pain or injury in arms, hips, shoulders, or back
• Any injury to the wrist or neck
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed