Parighasana, as demonstrated by Kamala Venkat, gives you a good stretch overall while strengthening your ankles and feet
P arighasana is also known as Gate Pose.
In Sanskrit, ‘parigha’ means ‘gate’ or
‘crossbar,’ and ‘asana’ means ‘pose.’
Practising this pose regularly helps open
up your hips and give a good stretch to your
hamstrings and the sides of your body.
• You can start this pose by sitting in Vajrasana.
• Slowly come into an upright kneeling
position with your hips over the knees. (Your
knees and hips should be aligned.)
• Now slowly try to extend the right leg,
keeping the knee and ankle in line with your
right hip. (The left leg should remain in the kneeling position.)
• Slowly inhale and extend your arms to your sides.
• Exhale and slowly move your upper body towards the right side. (You should be careful not to bend forward when you bend sideways.) Try to rest your right palm and wrist on the right thigh, or the shin or ankle, depending on your flexibility. Raise your left hand straight, alongside your left ear. Turn the head upwards and gaze at the roof. Do a deep inhalation and exhalation.
• Stay in this pose for 10 seconds, feeling the stretch in the left side of your body. Then slowly raise your upper body, keeping it straight, and bring your right leg back to the
kneeling position with your hands down by the side of your thighs.
• Rest in Vajrasana. Then repeat the same sequence with the left side also.
• Gives a good stretch to the ribs, inner thighs, and hamstrings.
• Helps you to expand your chest and breathe easily.
• Gives a good stretch to your sides and back muscles.
• Strengthens the ankles and feet.
• Knee, shoulder, ribs, or ankle injury.
Mrs. Kamala Venkat is a homemaker with a great passion for YOGA. Inspired by Shri Swami Ramdev of Patanjali, she has been an ardent yoga lover and has been practising it with complete dedication for the last 20 years. She has done a Yoga Instructors’ course from VYSA(Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana)
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed