Abhaykumar Shah prescribes Jal Shaamak Mudra to reduce water retention in the body by promoting its elimination through improved metabolism
So far, we have discussed balancing mudras for all the Five Elements and reduction mudras for the first four elements. Now let us talk about reducing the fifth element, Jal (Water).
Surprisingly, water, considered the lightest food, also requires adequate metabolism for its digestion. The body utilises the required amount of water for various purposes: maintaining the fluidity of blood; digesting food; lubricating the joints; maintaining the levels of cerebrospinal fluid, bile, hormones, saliva, semen, and the elasticity of the muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Essential minerals from the water are also assimilated by the body, after which, excess water is eliminated through urine and sweat with the help of the kidneys.
Though most of us do not drink a sufficient amount of water and liquids to fill the cells of our body, it retains water because of multiple ailments, for which the mudras to treat the root causes are also varied. However, treating the symptoms is also essential. Hence the necessity of Jal Shaamak Mudra, also known as Jalodar Naashak Mudra. The word Jalodar is a combination of jal + udar. Jal, as we know, means water, and udar, in Sanskrit, means stomach. Jalodar is the name of the disease known as oedema (dropsy) in modern medical science. In this disease, the water content in the stomach exceeds the normal level. Jal Shaamak Mudra cures oedema; therefore, this mudra is called Jalodar Naashak Mudra.
The practice of this mudra facilitates proper water metabolism to reduce excess water in our body.
How To Form Jal Shaamak Mudra:
Connect the tip of the little finger to the root of the thumb. Place the thumb on the back of the little finger and press gently. Do it with both hands simultaneously.
• It cures elephantiasis, a condition caused by filariasis (a disease caused by the bite of mosquitoes and flies infected with filarial worms), which affects the lymph nodes. Symptoms include swelling of arms, legs, and genital areas, and thickening of the skin in advanced stages.
• It helps cure oedema.
• Swelling of any organ or part of the body, like legs, arms, face, etc., can be reduced with the help of this mudra.
• Pleurisy, infection of the lung lining, can be cured faster by combining Jal Shaamak Mudra with some other mudras.
• Frequent micturition and incontinence can be controlled with the help of this mudra. Bed-wetting in children too can be cured by Jalshamak Mudra.
• It reduces excessive menstruation.
• It can control conditions with excessive secretions like watery eyes, running nose, loose motions, excessive salivation, etc.
Never practise Jal Shaamak Mudra for more than 16 minutes at a stretch, without the advice of an expert. One can gradually increase the frequency to about three or four times a day.
One should stop practising Jal Shaamak Mudra after achieving the desired results, as it is purely a therapeutic mudra.
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed