How to be a winner
Shivi Verma shares her winning recipe for making life positive
As far back as I can remember, the courage to face the unknown was never one of my strengths.
I was scared of life, people, and all the challenges that life was inevitably going to throw at me. However, today when I look back, feel that I have successfully battled and overcome challenges which have crippled many of my contemporaries. How did I overcome my fears, demons and inertia to become someone who meets life-head on? Below is the to-do list which aided me in my growth.
1. Find something you truly love about yourself:
When life becomes difficult it is easy to fall into the rut of self-blame or self-criticism. n such times, look for a quiet corner and list a few things about yourself that you really appreciate. It could be anything; like you cook well, have a kind heart, can fix broken things or have good handwriting. This builds self-love and self-appreciation- essential tools required in the battle of life.
2. Do not compare: Comparisons bring suffering. Remember your life has its own purpose and trajectory and may not have anything similar to that of others who may appear to have made it early in life. Love yourself and focus on your own journey. This is what I did to get over the feeling of being a failure.
3. Develop a spiritual practice: Learn yoga, or meditation and dedicate yourself to it sincerely. They help you centre yourself and flush out all negative, self-sabotaging thoughts, which hamper your progress. These practices fill you with the faith and self-belief necessary to face life. They also shine a bright light on your life-purpose helping you move ahead confidently.
4. Be with those who support you: If you feel demoralised and weak in the company of people who claim to be your well-wishers, cut them off from your life. Be with those who fill you with faith and boost your self-esteem.
5. Life is working for you and not against you: This has been my credo in my darkest of times. Each time a virtually insurmountable problem has confronted me I have told myself that it has come to me because it knows I am bigger than it and have it in me to overcome it. This alone has made me take some very bold steps in life and grow exponentially as a person.
6. Do not overthink: When problems confront you, focus on finding solutions and taking the next step no matter how small. This gives you confidence and paves the way for bigger victories. Too much thinking takes away your power to take action that can alleviate your difficulties.
7.The universe has your back: Strangely, each time I have acted on a strong impulse, especially if it was related to doing something radical (big or small), I have felt that I have the strong backing of the Divine and no harm shall come to me. This has always worked in my favour. An attitude like this gives you the much-needed confidence to do things that are right by you. While others procrastinate out of fear, you forge ahead on your growth path.
8. Do not take life very seriously: While life should not be squandered away in detrimental pastimes like gambling, drinking, wandering, or having multiple partners, it should also not be wasted in simply going through the motions, because you fear a catastrophe. Life is meant to help us grow and blossom and we must meet its volleys with the spirit of a player and the heart of a lion.
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed