Abhaykumar Shah unfolds the magic of a mudra inspired by the conch, which is closely identified with Indian culture
Mudra vijnaan holds many mysteries. A single mudra we employ to cure our physical or health problems works subtly at the mental as well as spiritual level.
Shankh Mudra is one of those mysterious gestures. ‘Shankh’ is Sanskrit for ‘conch.’ Blowing the conch is an important part of Indian rituals. Let’s understand how it affects our body and its significance in rituals.
Blowing the conch strengthens our throat mechanism, gives power to the vocal cords, enhances the working of the thyroid gland, stretches the stomach and umbilicus, and tones the muscles in this region.
In rituals, it is believed that blowing a conch before any religious ceremony or auspicious occasion purifies the environment by changing the vibrations from negative to positive and creates a favourable condition for the deity one is inviting to be present.
How to form Shankh Mudra:
Place the thumb of the right hand on the left palm, with the tip of the thumb at the base of the left thumb, on the hill of the palm. Wrap all the fingers, except the thumb of the left hand, around the right thumb. Touch the tips of the left thumb and right index finger. To achieve this gesture, slightly turn the right thumb in the left fist. Rest the remaining three fingers of the right hand on the back of the left fist.
• It reduces feverish feeling in the body.
• It reduces heat or burning sensation in the body.
• Many allergies like skin rashes, allergic cough, allergic swelling, etc., can be cured by practising Shankh Mudra regularly.
• Weakness can be overcome with this mudra.
• It is a mudra of vital importance in the treatment of paralysis of muscles.
• Throat infection and even tonsillitis can be cured with the help of this mudra.
• Problems in speech, like stammering, stuttering, and difficulty in speech after a paralytic attack can be dealt with the help of Shankh Mudra.
• Kidney problems can be cured.
• It makes the voice clear, clean, and melodious.
• It cures almost all the illnesses related to the thyroid gland and so helps to reduce obesity and flabbiness too.
• As per Yog Shastra, this mudra purifies all the 72000 nadis (energy channels) connected with the navel centre of our body.
For therapeutic usage, practise it for at least 16 minutes, thrice a day.
It is mandatory to form a correct gesture of Shankh Mudra. The majority of demonstrations available on the Internet/YouTube are WRONG. No photograph or picture is able to explain this mudra. An instructional video or one-to-one training is the only way to learn it correctly.
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed