Suma Varughese suggests 10 ways of living in the New Age
With every New Year, we are hopefully getting closer to the Spiritual Age that is waiting to be born. Every thought, word, and deed of ours can help or hinder this world from unfolding. So how do we live? How do we work? How do we heal, and how do we grow? Here are 10 commandments that will help us align with the spirit of the New Age:
1. Focus on the happiness of others. In an interconnected world, you cannot be happy unless those around you are happy. Sooner or later, their unhappiness will impact you. Moreover, only by making others happy can we find our own happiness. So quit trying to be happy and make someone else happy.
2. Neither control nor attempt to control others. Each of us has been given a sovereign will by God and we have no business to bend others to our will nor allow others to bend us to theirs. Cultivate assertiveness skills and learn to set your boundaries. Become self-reliant and plug into your own power. Rise above the need to manipulate, put down, or laugh at others. Increasingly, free yourself of the need for the other, and you will find yourself naturally established in your own bliss.
3. Prioritise growth and relationships above wealth, fame, power, and other material things. These are the only things that follow us beyond the grave. As immortal beings, all that we take with us at the time of death is what we have made of ourselves. Since everyone else is also immortal, you may be sure that your relationships will follow you into the afterlife and establish a good bit of your karma.
4. Live holistically and make choices based on the larger whole. We live and die together, so we cannot afford to endanger even the tiniest atom of our common world. This is a lesson that our present consumerist lifestyle, with its grave dangers for the Planet, is rubbing in today. Our own ancient Indian culture can teach us how to live in harmony with Nature and with other living beings. Let’s implement this wisdom to heal our Planet before it is too late.
5. Be vulnerable and allow others to be vulnerable too. Drop the armour that you shield yourself with. Admit to the imperfections that constitute your human self. Free yourself of your self-image. Not only will you inspire others to follow suit, but you will also achieve intimacy in your relationships.
6. Be inclusive and not exclusive. Enough of feeling good about yourself by making others look small. It is time to open yourself up to just everybody. In the Creator’s world, all of us, even the tiniest atom or the lowliest worm, are all needed to make up the whole. We cannot afford to leave anyone out.
7. Take responsibility for your happiness, health, and success. How long are you going to blame your parents, life, God, your boss, or spouse for your unsatisfactory life? You deserve to have a great life, and only you can bring it about. So get off your butt and take charge.
8. Find your life’s work. Work is meant to be an avenue for self-expression and not merely a livelihood. Each of us is meant to contribute to the world in a unique way. Please find yours. Not doing so would impoverish both you and the world.
9. Abide by the laws of life. They include the law of attraction, of karma, of surrender, and many more.
10. Your job on Planet Earth is to attain Enlightenment. Let nothing interfere with this task.
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed