Wake up the warrior in you
Kamala Venkat suggests the Warrior Pose, a yoga asana, to combat stress and fortify ourselves during the current lockdown
Presently, most of us are on our laptops and mobiles, attending classes, sessions, talks, or working due to the ongoing COVID pandemic. Restricted mobility and the prevailing uncertainty have created much stress. We need to fight back and learn to adjust. There are many ways of doing this. One of them is yoga, which helps us overcome stress and nurtures our well-being. One of the asanas, Virabhadrasana, also called the Warrior Pose, can be of immense help during the present crisis to boost our confidence.
This pose is named after Veerabhadra, a fierce warrior and an incarnation of Lord Shiva. There are three variations of the Warrior Pose. In this article, we shall discuss the first variation, called Virabhadrasana. It is a great pose for those who have had a hectic day at work, particularly at a desk job, and just need to relax their body and mind. In this posture, you are strengthening and stretching your legs and arms, and are also opening your chest and shoulders. These are movements which we usually don’t do throughout the day but are necessary for a good posture and a peaceful mind.
Benefits of Virabhadrasana
• Strengthens and tones the arms, legs, and lower back.
• Improves balance and helps increase stamina.
• Benefits those with sedentary or deskbound jobs.
• Works wonderfully in case of a frozen shoulder.
• Releases stress in the shoulders very effectively in a short time.
• Brings auspiciousness, courage, grace, and peace.
How to perform Virabhadrasana
1. Begin by standing and then advance your right foot forward by about four feet. With your foot parallel and toes pointing towards the top of the mat, bend your knee into a lunge.
2. Squeeze your shoulder blades together and downward, and lift your chin to gaze at your hands overhead. Hold this pose and then repeat on the left side.
Conditions for performing Virabhadrasana
• If you have experienced spinal disorders recently or have just recovered from a chronic illness, practice the Warrior Pose only after consulting your doctor.
• High blood pressure patients should avoid this posture.
• Avoid this posture if you are suffering or have recently suffered from diarrhoea.
• If you have knee pain or arthritis, use some support at the knee to hold this yoga posture.
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed