Fine for your spine
The Locust Pose benefits your back as well as tones up your entire system, says Kamala Venkat
The yoga pose Salabhasana is extremely beneficial for strengthening the lower back. It is also called ‘Locust Pose’ because the legs are raised in the final position to imitate the tail of a locust. ‘Salabhasana’ comes from the Sanskrit word ‘salabha,’ meaning ‘locust’ or ‘grasshopper,’ and ‘asana,’ which means ‘posture’ or ‘seat.’
• Lie prone on the ground.
• Keep your legs straight with the feet together.
• Place your arms on either side of the legs or under them.
• Touch your chin to the ground throughout the practice.
• Relax the whole body.
• Inhale, raising both legs as high as you can while keeping them straight together.
• Maintain the position as long as you can.
• Exhale, bringing your legs down.
• Do 2–3 rounds.
• Stimulates the whole body and the internal organs by enhancing blood circulation.
• Tones and strengthens the spine and the back.
• Boosts mental concentration.
• Clears the bowels when practised regularly.
• Strengthens the hip bones and reduces excessive thigh muscles.
• Migraines or headaches.
• Spinal or neck injuries.
• Pregnancy or menstruation.
• Serious back injuries, spondylolisthesis, or knee and hip injuries.
• High blood pressure or glaucoma.
• Hernia or potbelly.
• Recent surgery.
Mrs. Kamala Venkat is a home maker with a great passion for Yoga. Inspired by Shri Swami Ramdev of Patanjali, she has been practising it with complete dedication for the last 20 years. She is a certified yoga instructor from VYSA (Vivekananda Yog Anusandhan Sansthan)
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed