Kamala Venkat takes you through the Balancing Table Pose to bring some balance, strength, and focus into your life
Dandayamana Bharmanasana is a foundation yoga pose for many balancing floor postures. In Sanskrit, ‘danda’ means ‘stick,’ ‘yamana’ means ‘balancing or maintaining,’ ‘bharma’ means ‘tabletop,’ and ‘asana’ means ‘posture.’ It is also called Balancing Table Pose because the back resembles a strong tabletop, by keeping the spine straight, and the knees and arms represent the foot of the table.
• You can start this pose by sitting on the mat in Vajrasana.
• Slowly come forward to all fours with the wrists underneath the shoulders and knees underneath the hip.
• Slowly inhale and bring the left arm out, extending it in front of you at shoulder level, and simultaneously, extend the right leg out behind at hip level.
• Try to balance the body weight on one palm and one knee. Also, try to keep your spine and neck long and straight. (While doing so, if you feel like you are going to fall, you can quickly release your hand and leg from the stretch to the mat.)
• Stay in that pose for three to five deep inhalations and exhalations. Feel the stretch.
• Slowly release your left arm and right leg back to the mat and relax.
Repeat the same steps for the right arm and left leg also.
• Improves balance and core strength.
• Strengthens your hamstrings, calves, biceps, triceps, and core muscles.
• Improves your focus and memory.
• Prepares your body for advanced yoga poses.
• Any kind of injury to the knees, shoulders, or hip.
• Spondylosis: the neck is under pressure during the practice.
Life Positive follows a stringent review publishing mechanism. Every review received undergoes -
Only after we're satisfied about the authenticity of a review is it allowed to go live on our website
Our award winning customer care team is available from 9 a.m to 9 p.m everyday
All our healers and therapists undergo training and/or certification from authorized bodies before becoming professionals. They have a minimum professional experience of one year
All our healers and therapists are genuinely passionate about doing service. They do their very best to help seekers (patients) live better lives.
All payments made to our healers are secure up to the point wherein if any session is paid for, it will be honoured dutifully and delivered promptly
Every seekers (patients) details will always remain 100% confidential and will never be disclosed