Essential Health Tips you should Know
It is said that the body is a temple and one should treat it that way only. Maintaining a healthy body is not an easy task, but one that can be accomplished with a little dedication and motivation. The first and foremost step towards building and maintaining a healthy body is balancing between a healthy diet and exercise. A lot of doctors including the ones at Columbia Asia Hospital Whitefield are of the opinion that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, and for that, they suggest some tips that can be followed.
Let’s take a gander at some of the health tips:
1. Spicy food has antioxidants and capsaicin which increase the internal body temperature and enhance blood flow. Endorphins are also released as a result of the consumption of spicy food which make a person feel better. As a result, spicy food also helps one lose weight.
2. Consumption of ginger is good for health management on a daily basis. Ginger helps in eliminating congestion, kills a sore throat, enhances flavor in food, or just acts as an excellent addition to morning tea.
3. Inculcate probiotic drinks in the daily diet. Probiotics are good bacteria and yeasts which aid the digestion process and take care of the digestive system.
4. Avocados are a great source of potassium, fibers, vitamins and healthy unsaturated fats. Consuming avocados has multiple health benefits such as lowering cholesterol and providing vitamins and fiber in the body.
5. For the overall well-being of the body, it is very important to spend time in the sun in order to absorb some Vitamin D. The change of scenery is important for mental health as well.
6. As a reiterated fact, it is quintessential for every person to get at least 8 hours of sleep in order to allow the body to fully recover and replenish after the exhaustion of the day.
7. Home-cooked meals are much healthier than what one can get at restaurants. This is because of better quality ingredients, less oil and spices, and better hygiene. Junk food can also be made healthy when cooked at home, so you can always eat what you crave.
8. Fiber is a very important dietary requirement of the body. Increasing the amount of fiber in the body helps in aiding the digestive process and allowing stool to pass from the body easily, and aids a person’s overall well being.
9. Avoid raw or undercooked food. Cooking food in any form enables it to lose any chemicals and prevents any foodborne illness from the consumption of raw items. Under-cooked and raw food can be harder to digest and cause an upset stomach as well.
10. It is very important to have adequate protein in the diet. Protein is very important for weight loss and it boosts metabolism. It makes one feel full so they automatically eat fewer calories.
11. Nuts contain good fat and have a high nutrition value. They are high in vitamin E, magnesium, and other nutrients. Moreover, nuts can help reduce weight and fight heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, etc.
12. It is a good addition to your workout routine. You can try inculcating this habit at home as well as in the office. Stair stepping helps you burn the entire body fat and also tones the legs.
13. It is advised by professional dieticians that the appropriate time gap between a proper meal and workout should be at least 1-3 hours. If it is a heavy work-out, try eating a healthy snack, right before the workout, which is a mixture of carbs and protein like oats, porridge, eggs, chicken, etc.
14. There is a tip is for people who want to strengthen their muscles and generally get exhausted after all the cardiovascular activities that most people end up doing before the weight training. The body has strength at the time of starting a workout and thus weight training must be done prior to cardio training to avoid exhaustion.
15. As the brain does not register liquid sugar calories, by having sugar drinks you tend to intake more calories. Fruit juices and soda drink increases the health risks and also cause a huge intake of sugar in the body.
16. A healthy breakfast is an integral part of a balanced diet. Breakfast helps to activate thermogenesis processes in the body and increases the metabolic rate. Breakfast fuels you up and helps to burn more calories.
17. Coffee has been demonized for long. Having limited coffee is very good for health and reduces the risk of Parkinson’s disease, type2 diabetes, etc. It is rich in antioxidants as well.
The above-mentioned health tips are one of the best ways to ensure that the body is active throughout the day. The health tips can be inculcated in daily life without any hassles and it will benefit the individuals in the long run.