Few Things To Know For women About Wearing Jewelry During A Workout
Women love to wear jewelry, and there are so many kinds of it apart from the necessary rings and earrings. Now the question that may haunt you at times is whether or not wearing jewelry while you workout is okay or not. If yes, then it will be an added step to follow if you are continually changing in and out of your regular clothes to your gym gear – and that itself is a hassle. Well, it all depends on:
- The situation
- Your personal preferences and of course
- Your knowledge.
If you are pretending to be working out in a music video, then wearing jewelry may be okay. However, if you are too lazy to take off your earrings, you will not only sweat in your jewelry but will also damage your skin!
It also depends on the type of jewelry you are wearing as to how much damage it will do to your skin. Well, here are a few things that you should necessarily know before you walk into the gym with your favorite pieces of jewelry on.
The safety and hygiene issues
Irrespective of your love for your jewelry, your sentimental values, and personal preference, there are other essential factors that you should consider to determine whether or not you should remove your jewelry while working out.
Two of the most significant factors to consider are your safety and hygienic standards. This is an addition to the fact that your jewelry will lose its sheen and luster, leaving your cherished treasures no longer worthy of being preserved as well as your comfort and practicality.
- The safety issues: Wearing jewelry can cause injuries when you do any intense workout. Moreover, it can cause restrictions and also reduce blood flow. For example, when you run, box with rings, or do a handstand with a dangly necklace, you run into the risks of it hitting your tooth, getting caught in your hair, or may annoy you.
- About the hygiene factor: When you sweat out in a gym with your jewelry on and take a shower after that with it still on, there is a risk of germs forming and developing in it. The soap scum and residue will give the moist condition that these germs and bacteria love and survive on, thereby affecting your skin.
Apart from these, there is also a risk of losing or damaging your piece of jewelry while working out.
Good-to-wear jewelry pieces
There are a few specific types of jewelry pieces that you can wear or not wear when you work out. You must think twice before starting your workout, wearing diamonds and pearls. Instead, know what is safe and what is not for your benefit. This will also enhance the live and usefulness of the items that you cherish most.
- You may think that fine jewelry is more durable, and therefore it is good to wear during a workout. However, it will depend on a few things, such as the type of jewelry, the kind of exercise you will perform, and whether it is dainty or substantial. Although, the risk of warping, chipping of stones, and losing stones remain there.
- You can wear stud earrings that are safe but try to avoid the statement pieces. Wear minimal stud earrings that are tiny and dainty and remove anything dangly.
- All types of rings must be removed as thee are not safe for most of the kinds of workouts, especially when you are doing the heavy lifting.
You can wear a necklace and bracelets that snug fits on your skin. Avoid gold and platinum jewelry as these are softer than you think and might get stretched. As for rings with bigger stones, remove it before you pick up any fitness equipment.
Rules for wearing jewelry during a workout
Experts books and blogs on sites like Babeappeal.com suggest a few rules to follow when you wear your jewelry to the gym.
- For any weight work, you must remove your rings, even if it is your engagement ring! This will help you to avoid getting seriously injured while you lift weights. It will also affect your grip and cause serious safety risks in case the weight slips and falls apart from damaging the ring itself.
- Take off your silver or gold jewelry items before you go for a swim. This will prevent the pieces from being damaged due to the chlorine in the water if exposed for long. However, you can wear jewelry made from platinum as chlorine have little or no effect on it.
- You can wear wearable tech when you hit the gym because these are specially designed to keep you safe from injuries. You will also get some jewelry designers making items to fit in these trackers and make you look beautiful and stylish as well.
You must also pay attention to the chain length if you are wearing one to avoid being ‘smacked down.’ The best thing to wear is beaded leather bracelets as it will have no impact on sweat.
Nickel and gemstones
Do not wear nickel or gemstones while working out. You may think that gemstones are durable and, therefore, can take the impact. Well, hard gems like diamonds and rubies may not be easy to scuff, but there is always the damage of these being chipped.
Nickel is an absolute no-no to the gym because it will look tarnished due to the sweat. The worst part is that it will get dissolved, and your skin may absorb it. This will cause some severe allergic reactions. Both your skin, as well as the jewelry piece, go black!
The final thoughts
To keep things short and simple, you can wear jewelry to the gym if it is not made out of any metal. You should not wear anything that is chunky, heavy, or dangly or have sharp edges. Your rings should be removed at all costs, whether it is made of gold, silver, or nickel. Sometimes, nickel is added to gold and silver jewelry items. Lastly, always clean and dry your jewelry after a workout.